[mythtv] Viaslice OSD

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sun Dec 28 05:01:44 EST 2003

I've been having a play with the OSD code and contrary to my earlier
comment Kenneth I think a colour OSD is possible.

Firstly I've got rid of the stuttering with the existing grey OSD and it
fades in and out fine now. I'll probably make a little patch that fixes
just that.

Then, with only a little bit more hacking I got the OSD to draw itself
into the MPEG buffer and it sort of drew with a bit of colour... However
I've got the yuv offsets all wrong at the moment so it came out a bit
funny :-)

The code is a bit of a, ahem mess, at the moment so I'll play a bit more
and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,
Ivor.

(currently working on a windows machine since the development vaio
melted) :(