[mythtv] Solving my performance problems...

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Dec 25 00:52:39 EST 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 06:55 am, Steve Brown wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Ah well.  I'd still like to see your usleep removal patch, as that'd
> > probably be a good thing to get into CVS.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> A patch against the current cvs is attached.

I've applied this, though I've fiddled the timeouts some.  Seems to work
fairly well, though I imagine it could use some testing on other people's
machines..

> The qt wait with timeout is busted in my RH9 qt 3.1.1-6. It fails to
> convert the relative time in the parameter to the time of day required
> for the pthread call. It's fixed in Trolltech's 3.3.0b1. I don't know at
> what version they actually made the change.

It's fixed as early as 3.2, but I dunno about 3.1.2..  I looked into simply
dropping in a quick replacement class, but QWaitCondition needs more access
to QMutex than I can easily get.  Ah well..

Isaac