[mythtv] HWSlice fixes (was dvb fixes)

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Dec 24 14:31:59 EST 2003

On Wednesday 24 December 2003 19:30, Joe Tapply wrote:

> What are you doing when slices go missing? If mid-frame slices
> vanish, you can obviously just process the number you've counted once
> slice 36 appears, but I certainly saw cases when slice number 36 would
> be lost. In the end I think I just flushed frames to the H/W whenever
> it looked liked we should have seen a whole frame - i.e. on seeing 36
> in the slice header, or seeing say 33 followed by 2 etc. Hope that helps -
> though you've probably got a better solution anyway!

Hi,
Yup I'm just testing an even better patch that detects missing end frame
slices. Seems pretty good at the moment. I've got a couple of tweaks to make
and I'll post it up for you.

Just these damned prebuffering pauses annoying me at the moment.

Merry Xmas.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - Wireless networking and techie bits.