[mythtv] HWSlice fixes (was dvb fixes)

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Tue Dec 23 04:50:19 EST 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 00:08, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Are you saying that VIA_decode_slice could receive multiple
> slices in the same data buffer?

No its' that its not receiving some slices for a frame in the data buffer, but
VIASliceReceiveData is still being told it's being sent 36 slices.

> Or that you are just counting the slices yourself, not
> relying on the value provided?

The 'value provided' was curdata->maxcode, so always 36. So yes, I'm now
counting them myself.

> I guess that libav(codec|frame) is only passing along what
> ever it can figure out from the stream it receives. Looking
> at mpeg12.c after the call to VIA_decode_slice, and it looks
> like it does some checking for invalid slice order. Based on
> this I would assume that the responsibility for handling
> these cases are put upon VIA_decode_slice.

Thanks, I'll look through that today and try to produce a 'nice fix'.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - Wireless networking and techie bits.