[mythtv] Help on changing mythsetup

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Dec 21 21:14:29 EST 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 04:44 pm, Curtis Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I've come up with a patch to MythTV that changes channels, with an
> external changer (lirc), much faster than the default setup. It talks
> directly to lirc it self; while at the same time reseting and unpausing
> the ring buffer - and doesnt go through an external script. The problem
> arrises about configuring it though - you need to set the remote control
> out of the /etc/lircd.conf, the device file (for more than one lircd
> daemon), and a couple of other user definablable settings. I have no
> idea where to start with the configuration, but I know from my setup -
> this patch is well worth it, goes from 3+ seconds to change channels to
> <1 second.

I'd really rather this were kept in a separate program, not in the mythtv
source.  Any reason you're not using something like the dct-channel stuff in
the contrib directory?

I also don't really like putting the wait logic into tv_rec -- a separate
function in the Channel object should handle that.  Don't need the
environment variable to store the pid, either.

Isaac

Isaac