[mythtv] patch: Via HwDec Checks

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sat Dec 20 19:27:32 EST 2003

> while playing with changing channels and such, I have come across two
> points.
>
> Could someone explain to me the fundamental difference
> between if (osd)
> and if (osd != 0), as the former managed to slip a null
> pointer through
> on my setup?

Forget this,

I'm: stupid stupid stupid .... (repeated 100 times).

The problem is that some code is overwriting MythTV's code somehow.

> On a malformed stream, the avformatdecoder:render_viaslice
> could receive
> null pointers for s and/or src.

This is still valid though.

Also the videoout_viaslice:DrawSlice is not very well prepared for
invalid pointers, lengths, data. A patch will come when I feel that I've
done something right.

Kenneth