[mythtv] Experimental pvr 350 output patch

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Fri Dec 19 14:38:22 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 05:30:56AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> Doesn't JumpToFrame just call DoFastForward with after modifying the position
> by the currently played point (which should be 0 at that point in time)?  I
> don't see how that'd fix what you describe.  If it does, great, but =)

No.  Both NVP::DoFastForward and NVP::JumpToFrame call
decoder::DoFastForward with a desiredFrame.  The main difference is
that NVP::JumpToFrame just passes along the desiredFrame it was given
while NVP::DoFastForward calculates it from framesPlayed and fftime.
In the ivtv case, the first time through (when the bookmark seek is
done), framesPlayed is bogus causing the desiredFrame calculated by
NVP::DoFastForward to be bogus too.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.  I'm going to fix the real problem
(bogus framesPlayed), along with another one, later today and send out
new patches.  If all goes well, these will be the last functional
changes until the ivtv driver issues are resolved.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com