[mythtv] mythmusic, alsa and the frontend

myth at fsck.ch myth at fsck.ch
Mon Dec 15 06:15:58 EST 2003

Hi

This is a post to mythtv-dev from May 03:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=63092;search_string=dsp%20alsa%20mythmusic;guest=1795687&t=search_engine#63092

>From that post:

> There is no way to select ALSA output via the configuration interface
> yet, so you'll have to set it manually in the database. Set the
> "AudioOutputDevice" configuration parameter to "ALSA:<alsadevice>". So,
> for most people, set it to "ALSA:default".

This works very well for me, but I wonder whether you developers have
forgotten to make this setting possible from within the frontend.

Just a hint, I am not complaining...

greets