[mythtv] Remote file timeout.

Jukka Kangas jka at purske.fi
Fri Dec 12 17:08:34 EST 2003

> Does it timeout every time? RequestBlock is called more than once per second,
> the quickTimeout is set to about 4 seconds. I suspect it takes your backend
> longer to send the first packet, otherwise playback would not work at all

Yes, it did timeout every time. I clocked the start up time with a
timer, it's around 2.5 - 3 seconds before the playback starts. So, the 4
seconds should have been enough...

> even with the longer timeout. With the longer timeout you probably still
> have the 4+ second delay till playback starts?
>
> You could try the following - revert your patch, libmyth/util.cpp line 152,
> double the quickTimeout to 300 (or see what fits).

Yes this works, thanks!

> Could you post you frontend/backend and stream specs?

I'm not quite sure all what you want, but here is some basic info.

backend:
AMD Athlon 1,40 GHz, 512MB RAM
60GB Maxtor 4W060H4
100MB 3c905C-TX
Old Hauppauge: 00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree
Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 02)
Linux 2.4.23

frontend:
Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop
Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 1.70GHz, 256MB RAM
100MB 3c905C-TXMB
nVidia GeForce4 440 Go
Linux 2.6.0-test11 (pre-empt)

Software encoder (v4l based):