[mythtv] [Committed] Jump behavior for spinboxes

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Dec 10 16:53:35 EST 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 20:05, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>>
>>>This patch has the new behavior enabled on the 'start minute' and
>>>'duration' spinboxes in the Manual Schedule screen.
>>
>>It seems to work for these spinboxes. There is some funky
>>behavior when crossing hour boundaries that pre-existed in
>>the 'start minute' box but otherwise each key works as
>>expected. The code doesn't look like it would cause any
>>other problems and I didn't find any. The only effect is
>>that the page up and down keys now do something =).
>>
>>The patch did not apply cleanly against current CVS because
>>the "handled" flag changed. Attached is my modified version
>>for current CVS.
>>

>>>Assuming there are no problems with this, it can be committed.  The only
>>>enhancement I have planned is to extend this behavior to work with the
>>>SpinBoxSetting class (SpinBoxSetting needs to expose the flag in its
>>>constructor).  Maybe I'll get to this today...
>>
>>That would be great. The other place that this would be a
>>big win would be the Post-Roll and Pre-Roll boxes which
>>use SpinBoxSetting. It would be a Good Thing if at least
>>these boxes worked this way now. Other boxes could be
>>considered later.
>

> Try this one.  I've added the new behavior to SpinBoxSetting, and modified the
> Pre/Post roll spinboxes to use it (both global & per-recording).  The
> per-recording roll values will jump by 10 minute increments; the global
> (which is in seconds -- probably should make these consistent) will jump in
> 60-second increments.  I've also (I think) incorporated the new 'handled'
> code.

Yeah, the global pre/post roll seconds was a good idea. I
added a couple more for auto-expire frequency and ff/rew
amount.

I did a clean build and went through every spinbox I could
find and it all seems to work well so I committed it just
under the wire (I see Isaac started updating the Readmes =).

It's great that the Manual Recording minutes finally work
reasonably but I think it is also important for the post-roll
to have a way to make large skips along with the initial
release for this feature.

Thanks for your diligence, Joesph.

--  bjm