[mythtv] Re: Moving freqencies into config file

Philippe C.Cattin cattin at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 9 08:54:00 EST 2003

Andreas,

I agree with you, that such a solution would be nice. but it is more
complex than you thought! your example K05 doesn't necessarily mean
175.60MHz. For example in Nussbaumen b. Baden K05 equals 175.25MHz!!!

I think it would be best if such a perl script would grab the cablecom
webpage (in addition one gets the channel icons!) for your hometown and
then map those channels to the standard europe-west nameing with the
appropriate finetuning set.

however, I don't know whether finetuning parameters can be included in
the channel data structure of XMLTV. otherwise an external sql-script
might do the job.

Philippe