[mythtv] Some Questions about OSD Themes

Michael Schmidt CrashedPixels at gmx.de
Tue Dec 9 04:29:01 EST 2003

Hi All,

   over the last few days I started to create a new OSD theme. I think it's
quite good so far but there are some things I don't understand. Is there any
documentation about theme building or the xml-format? A DTD might do as well.
At the moment I'm working on myth0.12 and I didn't follow the commits list.
So please bear with me if I ask something obvious.. I took a look at the CVS
version though and found out that the format changed slightly. I also
searched the mailing list archives but all I could find was this mail from April
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2003-April/009188.html.

In case that there's no documentation I have some specific questions:

(1) So far I only managed to display the program_info, browse_info and
status dialogs. What do I have to do to actually see the other dialogs?

(2.) Are there other font properties besides shadow and outline? I'm
interessed in changing the font-weight and font-style (bold, italic).

(3) What attributes can I pass to a container tag? Is this context
sensitive? Can I make the browse_info fade to the right or is fading only available
for the status container?

(4) Is it possible to somehow make a screenshot of the OSD in action? I'd
like to show off my theme and get some comments.

Rock on,

    Michael