[mythtv] Conflict resolution & priority rankings

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Mon Dec 8 23:54:35 EST 2003

Priority ratings/rankings have never worked on my system as I thought they were intended, in fact it's driven me up the wall several times.  I have the settings to use recording priority and to use them first enabled, however it doesn't seem to resolve conflicts using the priority consistently.  I have two encoders, one a PVR-250 and another a bttv, so I definitely want the PVR-250 used for higher priority shows.

When I have two or more shows scheduled for the same time, each with differnt priority ratings, the rating of the shows makes no difference with respect to which show gets "suppressed" and which show gets encoder 1.  Sometimes a change in the ratings will make a difference, but still not in the way that I would expect.

Is there anyway that I can troubleshoot this?  Is there a way that I can force a particular encoder to be used for a show?  Is this recorded in the database?  If so, which table?

Thanks,
Bob C