[mythtv] patch - yes, delete, and also forget recording

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Dec 5 11:27:42 EST 2003

> Sometimes Myth incorrectly records something.  This is virtually never
> Myth's fault.  Usually, the game ran late, which pushed all the subsequent
> shows back, or the station changed their schedule, or something..
>
> In cases like that, it would be nice to be able to tell myth that you
> want to delete the incorrect recording, and to go ahead and pick that
> particular recording up again next time it is on so that you don't miss
> that episode.

Looks like a good idea.  I wonder about the use of "correct" vs "incorrect"
though.  What if I just want to tell Myth "delete this now to free up disk
space, but if it ever comes on again I'd like to watch it again".  That's
a use of your new option but isn't really "incorrect".  You could just
have DoDelete() and DoDeleteForgetHistory() or something like that.

--

Chris