[mythtv] Next release // website stuff?

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Thu Dec 4 22:28:12 EST 2003

I think you're too used to the default key bindings.  I'll give as
exaples the two cases I've run into so far.

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 01:42:41PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > First, in MythMainWindow::TranslateKeyPress(), you add the global
> > actions to the returned action list before the context specific
> > actions.  Won't this make it impossible to override a global mapping
> > in a specific context?
>
> I can't think of a case where you'd want to completely override a global
> mapping that's not handled already.

I have my remote's Play key mapped to generate 'Y'.  I want to use
this key as the INFO action in most places, so I added 'Y' to the
global INFO action.  However, I want the Play key to start playback in
PlaybackBox, so I added 'Y' to the TV Frontend PLAYBACK action.  Now,
because the global actions are returned first, pressing the Play key
causes the INFO action to be used first and pops up the
showActionsSelected menu instead of starting playback.

> > Second, after you translate a key to a list of actions, you loop
> > through all of the actions.  Shouldn't you stop looping if an action
> > is handled?  Not doing so can result in multiple actions being handled
> > for a single key.
>
> Need to loop -- for instance, video playing uses the arrows as arrows and as
> channel change / seek keys.  Probably should stop (and it does some places),
> but I don't think it'll be much of an issue aside from some corner cases,
> really, which I can fix as they come up.

I have my remote's channel up/down keys mapped to generate PgUp/PgDown
since those are the keys I want for the PAGE UP/DOWN actions in most
contexts.  However, I want them to change the channel when
appropriate, so I added PgUp/PgDown to the TV Playing CHANNELUP/DOWN
actions.  Unfortunately, when I go into browse mode, those keys don't
work anymore because the code is only for checking for UP/DOWN actions
at that point.  The fix was easy enough, just change the code to also
check for CHANNELUP/DOWN actions.  Works fine for me, but anyone who
uses the default key mappings will jump two channels every time they
press Up/Down, one for the UP/DOWN action and again for the
CHANNELUP/DOWN action.

David
--
David Engel