[mythtv] [patch] hdtvrecorder and pat/pmt parsing

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Dec 4 20:09:10 EST 2003

Well, if you wanted to bring this up, the forums over at pchdtv.com
would be the place, I would think.

Indeed I think the driver might stand a better chance of being
incorporated into the mainstream kernel if it fit into the (newer) DVB
driver infrastructure.  On the other hand, then what would you do with
the NTSC-tuner half of the card?  Or does DVB have a provision for an
uncompressed video stream?

>> Instead of setting video_pid and audio_pid in RewritePMT, can you
>> decode them out of the PAT when you find the desired_program (where
>> you  currently set the pmt_pid), choosing the first audio PID?
>
> At the time I fish the pmt pid out of the pat, I haven't yet received
> the pmt. I have to wait for it to identify the video/audio streams in
> the multiplex.

Ah, you're right, sorry ... I was remembering the MGT (in PSIP) that
has all this info in one place.

-Doug