[mythtv] Next release // website stuff?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Dec 4 02:30:59 EST 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> This is just a small patch to add a couple of bindings to the MythSpinBox
> widget.  I've sent it before, but I think it got lost in the shuffle; at
> least I didn't notice it in the -commits list.

I remember this and it would be a good thing in several places.
You had mentioned the Manual Recording page and this would be
really nice for setting a long post-roll time. However, it may
not be a good thing in a couple of places in Recording Profiles.

If a user has a remote control and she doesn't have Key_Next
and Key_Prior mapped, changing the bitrate by 1000 or 2000
would be painful. More importantly, allowing the users to
change the recording width and height by one is a Bad Thing.
These need to be multiples of at least 8 for recordings to
work properly. This was one of the nice things about the GUI
settings rather than editing a file, lots of user complaints
went away once the GUI only allowed valid sizes.

Any ideas on how to handle these cases?

--  bjm