[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:42:40 EDT 2003

On 18 Aug 2003 12:28:58 -0700, "Chris Petersen lists-at-forevermore.net
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> Yes.  Though as I understand it, transcode may not work well with mpeg2
> files.  it already handles the cutlist stuff beautifully (at least with
> mpeg4 and presumably rtjpeg) - saved myself about 10 gigs so far, and
> another 15-20 gigs worth of commercials left to cut out.  the fifo stuff
> seems to work well, too, with minor audio sync issues, and the weirdness
> that ffmpeg can't figure out the frame size of the raw video on its
> own.  At least the latter of those two should also be resolved soon.

Question:  how do you expect ffmpeg to determine the frame-size of raw
data?  It seems like that would be very painful.  The same is true of the
audio sampling rate.  In fact, I was going o ask how you wanted that
information provided.  obviously, mythtranscode knows the audio and video
settings, but I don't know what the easiest way to provide it is.

.Geoff