[mythtv] MythChannels droped.

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Mon Aug 18 22:30:44 EDT 2003

> Come on. I only demanded 3 small changes, which would maybe require you
> to work for 15 or 30 minutes, all together. Surely *far* less time than
> we both used for the discussion of it.

I'm absolutely serious. I've been saying that for a while. Probably I'm the
worst developer you can see:

-It takes to me more than 30 minutes to figure out how to put all pids
together in a single column being able to distingish them, or any of those
things related to pids that you mentioned.
-It takes more than 15/30 minutes to rename a table/column and then review
mythchannels 7,000 lines of code to change all the places where it was used
without introducing new bugs.
-It takes me more than 15/30 minutes to load strictly freq in Hz because of
the variety of formats I'm loading from. well, maybe this one not, ism't
already a piece of code that does that? =)
-It takes to me a lot more than 15/30 minutes to complete the stuff and
clean out the bugs that probably have and you don't even mentioned.
-It certainly takes to me a lot more than 15/30 minutes trying to explain
why I do things in a certain way, but seems that I don't get understood at
all. Maybe because I'm not english native? Anyway this one is definitive.
Anyway certainly I'm getting tired of that.
-It took to me a lot more than 15/30 minutes to write that amount of code
for doing what's mythchannels is about, and given that those things are that
easy to do, probably to have that much is not good and also is not a good
idea to code more for something which I do feel that will probably be sent
to the trashcan anyway.

In the way that the things are going on, reviewed even without seeing the
code or understanding how it works, I do not feel comfortable. If you are
interested, I can continue with more very specific arguments on this, but I
don't think that will be very much constructive to the people on the lists.

If you can do all of this in just 15/30 minutes, I'm sure that you are a
better programmer and a better candidate for developing that.

I was getting back from my vacations too happy to get burned with this.

I'm sure that will be better programmers looking for a boss who will be very
disciplinated doing what you want for free.

It was a busy day for me. So I just wanna stop.