[mythtv] mythdvd

matt.jarvis at philips.com matt.jarvis at philips.com
Mon Aug 18 14:15:27 EDT 2003

Admittedly that mythdvd post should have gone to the users list ( I am at
work and only subscribed to the devel list here ), however, I really think
your personal attack on all my previous postings to this list is totally
unnecessary. Most of my posts have been related to DVB, which has been
under heavy development and is not really relevant to the users list.

1. * You post only "problems" you have in your setup
    * don't confirm, if that's your problem or that of others

The reason I've spent time describing my setup, and reporting problems
here,  was that I assumed the developer pool on DVB was pretty small and
could do with some feedback from people with different setups, given the
amount of variation in DVB broadcasting. I apologise if this was
incorrect, although I have had what I thought were constructive
discussions with others here both on and off list.

2. sometimes others already reported the same thing

Of the few problems I have posted, I was actually the first to post
regarding several issues. ( DVB PiP, xv scaling with tnt2 ultra, recent
problems with input switching not working correctly ).

your problem descrition is way too vage and short
    * you make (almost) no investigation on your own as to the source of
      the problem

So,
it can't really count as qualified and helpful bug report, but it seems
more like a thinking aloud

Fine, then I won't post any further messages. If you are trying to
encourage more people to get involved in MythTV, then you are going about
it in the wrong way  as far as I am concerned.

Matt

Ben Bucksch <linux.news at bucksch.org>
2003-08-18 12:34