[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase clearing icon names

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Mon Aug 18 11:39:41 EDT 2003

> > Yeah right...
> >
> > Running with --update is fine for those who live in countries
> > whose grabbers are supported by mythfilldatabase, but not for
> > the rest of us who have to do a replace each time...
> >

> Just curious, but what do _you_ have to do to get the program listings
> in the database?
> I thought you were using mythfilldatabase? Didn't you say you used it
> but had to run a script afterwards to put the icon names back in again?

Sorry if I misunderstand something, but why you have to replace the channels
if your grabber don't provide full channel information at all?
Or you mean that your grabber provides channel information but not icons?
In that case, certainly a script that reloads icons will be a workaround,
but don't will be nicer to add an option to mythfilldatabase for don't
clearing them while updating channel info?
That wouldn't be difficult to code at filldata.cpp