[mythtv] DVB channel changing crashes

Simon Watson simon19720 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 21:40:34 EDT 2003

Is anyone/everyone else experiencing segfaults in mythbackend when changing
channel frequency (mux) with a DVB card?

I originally encountered this (and a few other DVB issues) back in June
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=68587) and,
having seen the same problems with the latest CVS code, I wondered if the
problems are specific to my setup and whether there is work already underway to
address them? I realise I don't have a divine right to expect these to be fixed
- I'm just curious to know the state of play and if there's anything I can do
to help speed things along.

Here's what I see at the console (am happy to generate more debugging info if
needed):
Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 0
SNR: 0
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
SetPID:  610 611
filtering pids: 610 611
Audiostream: Layer: 2  BRate: 256 kb/s  Freq: 48.0 kHz
Videostream: ASPECT: 16:9  Size = 720x576  FRate: 25 fps  BRate: 6.48 Mbit/s
DVBChannel: Changing to channel 3 on card 0
Using DVB card "NxtWave NXT6000"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 481833330 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 0
SNR: 0
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
SetPID:  512 650
filtering pids: 512 650
Audiostream: Layer: 1  Bit rate: free  Freq: 0.0 kHz
Videostream: ASPECT: 16:9  Size = 704x576  FRate: 25 fps  BRate: 4.00 Mbit/s
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Segmentation fault

Simon.