[mythtv] contrast/saturation global controls, docs, etc..

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Tue Aug 12 03:15:12 EDT 2003

So, I've just finished setting up a dedicated myth box (pundit p4 2.8G
w/ leadtek tv2000xp card).  I'm keen to do some coding, but was
wondering if there was a high-levl design doc/diagaram or something
along those lines so i can get a feel for how it works/is put together
without digging through all the source?

I do have a problem, however.  I can't control my contrast.  Using v.10,
it would show the values adjusting, but they wouldn't adjust.  Using
CVS, it worked the first time I ran mythtv, but I havn't been able to
adjust it since.  All I get is '-1%' for the
contrast/hue/brightness/etc. settings no matter what I do.  I tried to
change the values in the database, but that didn't seem to help.

I also seem to be able to get the backend to crash fairly easily if i
change channel quickly.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

The first thing I want to try to implement is 'global contrast/etc.
settings' that can be overridden on a per-channel basis.  i.e. if the
setting is NULL use global defaults, else, use current value.

-Reza

p.s. I know there has to be a tool like this, but havn't been able to
turn up anything via google.. is there someway to send my Xevents
(mouse/keyboard) from on xserver to the myth's xserver?