[mythtv] DVB-S - mythchannels setup problems

Tue Aug 12 10:03:33 EDT 2003

> 1. I navigate setup->tv settings->channels setup->add dvb services->add
> dvb sources, and then select dvb-s & add.

> The resulting screen has no provision for entry of dvb-s info, like
> pids, inversion, pol, etc. It looks like a dvb-t screen. Further, the
> entry created in channel_dvb is set up as QAM_64, but no symbol_rate.

I don't have the screen up in front of me, but that first screen should just allow you to add DVB cards (I think it needs a list of cards that are now setup).  There is no chance to add any channel info.

To add channels, you need to back out (and at the moment you need to exit mythchannels and come back in).  Then you can go into the settings for that DVB card and setup a channel.  I haven't double checked with the latest code, but you should find that the screen is then not like a DVB-T screen (I'll check tonight though)

Can you give that a try and see if it works any better?

Ed W