[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 11 09:22:02 EDT 2003

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:37:10 -0700, "Chris Petersen
lists-at-forevermore.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > Well, I have found and fixed the problems with (a) only the first
> > commerical getting cut, (b) the cutlist not getting removed, and (c) the
> > transcoding taking a long time.
>
> w00t!  you rock!
>
> > once I figure out how to hook it into the frontend
>
> shouldn't the transcoder be on the backend?  Not all frontends have
> filesystem access to the backend.  (though in many cases, running on the
> frontend would also be a good thing - since I could run things on my
> workstation, which is about twice as fast as my myth box)
 Well, I meant just what hitting 'X' does from a user POV.  Today, it
 brings up a tiny little box saying 'transcoding' (hijacked from the
 pause box).  It needs a more specialized box (to deal with stopping a
 running transcoding), and I know not much about Qt/Myth GUI programming.
  I'll figure out something though.

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer