[mythtv] Support for .shn (shorten) audio format

Mike Savage mike.savage at datastream.net
Thu Aug 7 11:44:50 EDT 2003

This is the correct...I wasn't looking for the pros and cons of shorten.  I
have well over 200GB of music in shorten format.  I'm really into live music
and as a result, I have been compiling my collection by trading with others
through etree.org and various other sites...most of the music has been in
shorten format, however, now I am starting to see more and more shows
converted into flac.

I absolutely love my MythTV setup...currently one box, but I was
contemplating putting a multi-box master/slave MythTV configuration in place
and incorporate a lot of my music into it.

So, it looks like the bottom line is that I'm going to have to convert to
flac if I want to listen to my tunes under MythMusic.  Adding support for
shorten into MythMusic is way over my programming skill level.  I guess I'll
now go read up on why flac is better than shorten.

Thanks for the replies,
Mike