[mythtv] Xinerama Fun! :)

Brian Bell brian at boid.isa-geek.com
Tue Aug 5 16:28:49 EDT 2003

K, a while ago I saw a thread about someone having issues getting mythtv
to run as a desktop app on a dual head system. Didn't see anything
resolution of this issue.

I am running
Mythtv cvs, (to get it to work with xmltv-na) .10 does the same thing.
Xfree 4.3.0
Nvidia tnt2 with nvidia's 1.0.4363-r2 drivers as monitor 0
Ati generic drivers as monitor 1

Everything works if I turn off the ati video card.

But, when I try to run mythfrontend as a windowed app on monitor 0 I get
the blue background and no icons. the key commands do work so I am
assuming everything is scaled off to the side.

Setup does the same thing, starts, goes full screen with the blue
background and that is it.

I've been peeking at the code, but haven't identified the icon positioning
section yet.

Any Thoughts?
Cheers!