[mythtv] Fw: DVB Big PATCH, Part I - for CVS pls

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Wed Aug 6 01:16:54 EDT 2003

:) I'm very happy to see something that I start to understand.

If we talk clearly and frankly, we can understand, if not, not, and well, I
know that sometimes that could be difficult given my english... ;)

Let me explain what I do think to all of this (trying to be clear)

1.-I'm currently doing that as a hobby/fun
2.-I've no problem in answering all the questions that I can. I try to
answer all of them.
3.-I'm open to any discussion
4.-MythChannels it's all about *new* functionallity. A lot of it comes from
feedback/suggestions that I've just collected from many people, including
you. For sure with it will introduce a lot of bugs, also I know that a lot
of code might be impoved (I had not much experience on c++). Changes outside
of it are testimonial. To sustain that I'm introducing "bugs" or "disabling"
things looks quite unfair to me.
5.- mythchannels is not 1,500 lines, it's +7,000. Unfortunately, it's
already too big to be maintained without control. Changing something like a
column name, affects starting from metadata.cpp to the rest of the code, I
do not reject changes like that in something in development, but don't
expect that I'll do immediately.
6.-To differ in a criteria sometimes might change my criteria, but that's
not mandatory. Also I don't expect this from others.
7.-I don't know how other projects work. I'm only part of the xmltv dev.
team. But for sure that what  I'm not looking is for a boss :). I already
have one because I'm getting paid for that, I do not need more. What I'm
looking for is fun with friends in a teamwork and collaborationship. I do
distinguish between comment, review and approval.

Why I'm pointing this? just because I want to be clear. If that doesn't fits
and because I can be wrong I need to know where I am. I don't have that much
spare for throwing it to the trashcan, I've also a family, wife, sons, a job
etc...

Hey, I'm not trying to be a pain on the neck eh? =)