[mythtv] Re: CVS not switching to correct input

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Aug 5 12:14:22 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 06:40 am, matt.jarvis at philips.com wrote:
> After some searching through the archives and googling the only thread
> similar to this is where someone got a normal WinTV incorrectly assigned
> as a Hardware MPEG Decoder. I have checked my database and my card is
> assigned as V4L. Surely this is the correct setting for a WinTV Go ? But I
> still get this error about :
>
> ioctl VIDIOC_G_FMT : Invalid argument
>
> Is this something to do with the card being misidentified or configured as
> a Hardware MPEG card ?

Hmm.. The only two places where it uses VIDIOC_G_FMT is used is in the
hardware mpeg support code, and the teletext support -- might want to try
turning off the teletext support and see if that helps..  Otherwise, could I
get a dump of your capturecard/cardinput/videosource/channel tables in the
db?

Isaac