[mythtv] Fw: DVB Big PATCH, Part I - for CVS pls

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Tue Aug 5 13:45:46 EDT 2003

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

>Breaks AC3? Just put the AC3 pid in either audio or other?

(There is no "other pids" field, that's what I proposed and Ramon
rejected that as well.)

Yes, but if there's a field for AC3, a user will put it in there, and it
won't work, because it's not read. The user would have to know about the
"bug" Ramon is about to introduce here and work around it, in a way
which is contrary to Ramon's field separation. And you can fix it in 2
lines of code, thus no need to discuss this further.