[mythtv] Fw: DVB Big PATCH, Part I - for CVS pls

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Aug 5 07:51:48 EDT 2003

I don't know what all of this mean.

After my patch all of this will just behave like before.
"videopid,audiopid". Therefore can be easily forced manually as before if
the user wishes. The only diference is that if they are present depending on
the source the user uses (currently it happens only with vdr channels.conf
files, so since they are customized files, the user might now what he has
there), they are loaded in a way that the user will recognize which type of
PID is each one.

If you mean that to apply first I have to write the logic of choose the
audio pid while playback. Forget about my patch and mythchannels for a
while. At this point simply I don't have the knowledge for that (we need to
identify dynamically the meaning of each pid, i.e. if its original version
or translated, language, etc and provide the preferences setup for doing
that etc.).
Next week I'm on vacation for a week. Maybe it's not a good idea to commit
something just the day before I leave. Well, anyway I don't feel that I can
write that logic within a week... or even if I'm interested in doing so
given the circumstances. All of this doesn't help my enthusiasm, I'm just
trying to contribute, not get involved in neverend discussions or be where
I'm not wellcome.

Also for sure I'm not able to do something like this just alone.

Have a nice day,
Ramon.