[mythtv] Patch to disable recordings

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Sun Aug 3 13:52:05 EDT 2003

On August 2, 2003 04:08 pm, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Here's a quick patch for your consideration.  It adds an option
> > to the General TV Settings to disable recording.
>
> If you're trying to disable recordings, why not just not start the
> scheduler thread at all instead of checking to see if recording is
> disabled inside the scheduler.  That would be much cleaner if you
> could easily do that.  I haven't looked at that code recently enough
> to know if it would work and still allow playback of other shows but
> you could give it a shot if you haven't already.

I looked at that too.  I don't see anything in the scheduler that seems
to be required for anything other than recording...Isaac, can you think
of anything?

I guess the only major thing is that it'll pretty much definitely require
mythbackend then...

I actually implemented this as a command-line arg first, but that would
require editing your startup files in order to change the setting, whereas
doing it in the prefs just requires a remote.

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan

It sure is Monday... Ain't it a sin
I've gotta work my way thru the week again.
	- Mark Chesnutt..."Sure Is Monday"