[mythtv] Apparent Speed Issues

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Sun Aug 3 11:50:06 EDT 2003

Using mythtv 0.10 seems to have had things slow down noticeably in terms
of controls.

As an example, I've noticed that when playing back a recording, I can
hit pause, and it will take about a second from the time I hit pause to
actually pause. The same is true in a number of other areas, too. I
switch to the recordings screen, and this takes a couple of seconds to
load. This is definitely not optimal, as I've got (at any one time) less
than 50 recordings for it to process.

I have to ask if this was deliberate, or if it was something that people
didn't notice, or is there something wrong with my setup, and everybody
else is behaving as before?

I used to think that it was only my setup, but I got an email from
somebody I was helping confirming that they were experiencing the same
behavior, and it was enough for them to switch off mythtv. So, to ask in
a very annoying fashion: What gives?
--
Michael J. Pedersen
My Jabber ID: pedersen at jabber.org.uk
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: E8F0 920F EB2F 7FDE DF4E  23CC 2CEB 8E6F 6CB0 A96C