[mythtv] "Transcoding" PVR-[23]50 output

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Fri Aug 1 21:49:33 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:37:29PM -0500, Russ Southern wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 04:54:35PM -0500, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> > Grr...dunno what happened to my reply the first time, let's try again...
>
> FWIW, we got your first reply.  I responded with something like, "Sorry,
> forgot to include units of measure :-)  I have an Athlon 2400, so it should
> not take hours to handle this.  I am almost ready to put out a patch for
> mythmkmovie to handle ivtv output.  It (mis)uses mencoder and transcode to
> get the job done.  The result is pretty nice, though, with precise frame
> cuts (exactly where you put them in the GUI), etc.

I've been almost entirely unable to do much lately with the way my
workload has been. However, this particular email piqued my interest.
Would you mind explaining what you mean by misusing mencoder and
transcode? I'm open to doing things better, but I'm not sure of what I
could to improve things.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My Jabber ID: pedersen at jabber.org.uk
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: E8F0 920F EB2F 7FDE DF4E  23CC 2CEB 8E6F 6CB0 A96C