[mythtv] DVB-T

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Aug 2 00:27:58 EDT 2003

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

> My status on this is:
>    - Nearly there with CAM support (from vdr)

Can you explain that? What does it do?
Use the hardware CAM module? What's the advantage over using the
firmware for that?
Soft-CAM? Which encryption methods are supported? Is it legal for you
(not EU) to offer that publically? (Compare DeCSS case, which was
Norway.) If so, that would be great.

(Or you could just wait with the explanation until you're done.)

> And also you might be confused about the fact that the dvb
> drivers has v4l support (DVB==v4l1 | dvb-kernel==v4l2(v4l1 compat)).

V4L support in howfar? What does the /dev/video device output? What
happens, if I try to tune like I do analog tuner devices?