[mythtv] Re: MythWeather - erratic updates?

Steve B. steve at browsermedia.com
Fri Aug 1 16:32:45 EDT 2003

I posted this to the mythtv-users list a couple days ago. I got no reply, so I am assuming that developers on this list are not necessarily following the users' list? If I am mistaken, forgive this cross-post.

I have used rpms to install MythTV on my Redhat 9 system. The current MythWeather RPM - I believe - suffers from the issue reportedly fixed on the mythtv-dev list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=72968

Basically, I keep getting "MythWeather: Invalid Area or Fatal Error" while on the fronend screen it says, "!!! 3 Failed Attempts !!! Waiting 5 minutes."

I reported your thread to Axel (the gentleman who created the rpm's) who asked that I ask this dev list, "whether that patch is applicable to 0.10 and how to retrieve that patch."

TIA for your response,

Steve B.