[mythtv] MythMkMovie

Paul Mietz Egli paul at obscure.com
Tue Apr 29 10:43:24 EDT 2003

Wayne Johnson wrote:
> 2) I don't know of a way to tell mencoder to create (s)vcd compliant
> files.
> 3) I don't know how to test the resulting files to make sure they ARE
> compliant. Playback would be very easy to guarantee (mplayer can play
> anything that mencoder can produce, after all), but I don't know how
> TEST them.

I've posted a set of instructions for encoding and burning VCDs from
.nuv files at:

  http://www.obscure.com/pvr/index.html#20030407

The VCDs created by this process will play in mplayer and on Windows
using QuickVCD, but I haven't had a chance to try them in a relatively
recent DVD player (my aging Panasonic A120 doesn't read them).  I'd be
interested in hearing off-list if anyone successfully burns a VCD that
can be played in a commercial DVD player using this method.

p.