[mythtv] R while browsing

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Apr 24 00:58:12 EDT 2003

CVS commit log wrote:

>Added support for using the 'R' key to toggle a program's recording status while in Browse mode.

That sounds interesting. They keys.txt is a bit brief about it ("Toggle
recording of current program (cycles through types)"). Could you
elaborate a bit more about what it does? Specifically, does it add the
current LiveTV buffer (incl. backlog for rewind) to the recording
(that's what I am looking for) or does it only record what's on the air
from now on? If I am lagging behind 30 mins with the buffer, does it
record the program I am watching or what's currently on the air?

Also, is there any particular reason why the button is only active in
browse mode and not always during Live TV?

In any case, this sounds useful.