[mythtv] Attention all OSD theme maintainers/authors concerning

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 23 18:05:07 EDT 2003

I could make a new keyword that was based upon the ChannelSorting
field in the database, so you'd have something like this:

ChannelSorting  %CHANSORT%
--------------  ----------
channum + 0     channum
chanid          channame
callsign        callsign

Would that be any better?

If you want to sort the EPG by field X, then would field X be what you
would want displayed in the big font also?

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
> >I think it should be left up to the theme.  If a user wants to start
> >changing around things like that they can either get it modified in the
> >theme or make their own local copy in their ~/.mythtv/themes directory.
> >
> My thinking was that European users usually want to see either the
> preset (see previous discussions) or the callsign or even the channel
> name in a big font and don't want to see the channum at all, while
> American users usually want to see the channum in a huge font
> (obviously, given current Myth code). But both user groups might like
> the Corners or blue theme generally, and I don't think it makes sense to
> maintain each theme in both versions.

Chris