[mythtv] Search and schedule future program

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Tue Apr 22 20:43:00 EDT 2003

Panix wrote:

>Say for example I search for "The Dukes of Hazzard". It doesnt show up in any current listings.  It would be nice to have the option of saving this
>search and automaticaly schedule any recordings in the future that may match that search.

Yes, I'd see that as part of a favorites module. You could tell it your
preferences, e.g. titles of movies or series/shows, actors, directors,
genres, types (series, movies, tvshows) etc., and tell it to either
automatically record matching programmes or to list them (under a
special menu option) for manual choice.

If you want to get fancy, you could write a function to automatically
figure out the user's preferences based on previously recorded shows.
E.g. when a certain actor shows up often etc.. I think TiVO even gives
the option to rate a show you saw, and then applies some magic
algorithms to figure out which shows to record in the future. (Another
advantage over commercial solutions - I wouldn't want to trust a company
with that info, or which shows I saw for that matter.)