[mythtv] lockups revisited

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Tue Apr 22 11:28:34 EDT 2003

Chris Kleeschulte wrote:

> I am also getting random lockups and not sure why. Darn things are
> tough to nail down. I have nothing on irq9...everything is steering
> through irq11. I left mythtv running over night and it locked up
> (picture froze nothing else happened) and mythbackend reported
> "Backend stopped in RequestRingBufferBlock", which tells me my PVR250
> prolly stopped encoding tv? I restarted tv fine after that. I am still
> having the issue where I cannot Escape from the "Recorded Programs"
> window. Using CVS from 4-20.

For what it's worth, I see the same behavior on my box with a Leadtek
Winfast 2000XP, so it's probably not the PVR250.  I assumed the
overnight lock up was likely more related to file size.  The ringbuffer
was about 5 gigabytes when it froze.  I just killed the frontend and
things cleared right up.

Mike