[mythtv] i18n and mythweather conflict with locale setting

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 21 23:52:52 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <ramon.roca at xcombo.com>
To: <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>; <ldardini at tiscali.it>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] i18n and mythweather conflict with locale setting

> > Yes, internationalization is a simple addition of some tr( .. ) to the
> literals of the code. As far as I can see, I think it can be enough...
what
> else do you want to localize?
>
> I saw that, although I'm new in i18n, I have tried to include "tr()" at
some
> literals at mythfrontend main.cpp but it gives me an error saying that tr
is
> undeclared. Including "qtranslator.h" still says it's undeclared. What
else
> is need?

Nothing... please point me out where I miss a tr() and I try to add it.
However there are some place where the tr() is ineffective, like to (Up one
level) of mythvideo and the message saying all inputs are busy of
mythfrontend. I have to investigate further...

> On the other hand, looks like many source files should be modified for
this
> and I'm afraid of having to patch many files, maybe it's a better idea to
> wait until this have been stabilized at the CVS and then simply translate
> the literals.

Naaa... For Isaac was never a problem accepting patch from stranger even
when they modify a lots of file. I think when the patch is clean there
aren't problem revising it.

> However tell me if you want me to contribute for including the
> "tr" calls in some parts of the coding.

You can provide a patch directly to the list (I prefer submitting to the
list and not mailing directly to Isaac) but be sure to do it in the right
way. I do a cvs -z3 diff -ud > file.diff, or you can send me, even privately
the point I miss and I submit it for you.

> ><textarea name="disingray" draworder="0">
> >       <area>20,357,800,40</area>
> >        <value>Deactivated recordings are highlighted in</value>
> >        <value lang="IT">Le registrazioni disattivate sono evidenziate
> in</value>
> >        <value lang="SP">Los grabacion disactive esta...</value>
> ></textarea>
>
> > In the meantime I am thinking about tuning channel from inside mythtv
and
> to rewrite my manual recording patch to something includeable in the cvs.
> Umm, that looks a good idea, although there is already a manual instant
> recording, would be also nice to be able to do manual recording for a
given
> time, also update the scheduled timers in order to change the start/end
> time, that could be very useful for recording those channels where the
> information that they provide to the listings is very inaccurate
(something
> that happens quite often in Spain in some channels).

Also in Italy... and there are a lots of difference from declared start time
and effective startime

> Is your manual
> recording able to do that? If yes, can I get your patch to look into it?

Yes, my manualbox can do that.
I hate the current manualbox, so I rewrite it, but I have to thank its
author because I copy a lots of code from him and learn a bit more of QT and
C++. However I don't like the current manual "instant" recording also
because I get stuck in the live tv without a way to exit (using my remote
keys).

Here you'll find my version of manualbox.*

http://pigbox.texnet.it/leandro/manualbox.tar.gz

and maybe before rootkitting your linux box with my evil code :) , you can
take a snapshot of it at

http://pigbox.texnet.it/leandro/manualrecording.png

Leandro