[mythtv] DVB Support suggested Roadmap

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon Apr 21 01:15:02 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

> If you want to try to help, you could check, where in the code MythTV
> opens /dev/video (of course that's configurable)

FYI (just so that we don't duplicate work):

I briefly looked into Myth and was surprised to see that tuning and
grabbing of data seems to be totally independant. That kind of excludes
the approach I wanted to take (just call dvbstream and let it tune and
grab).

So, I looked into dvbstream and cutted the source down to what looks
like the core of it, both for tuning and reading data from the device.
Next step would be to call/integrate the code from/into the relevant
Myth classes.

Ben