[mythtv] Horrible stuttering with latest CVS

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:06:13 EDT 2003

Something changed resently which makes recording stutter horribly.  Both
audio and video stutter continuously on Recording (and live TV).
Playback of older nuv files is fine.

I get no errors from mythbackend recording, but playback (of the busted
nuv) generates lots of Audio buffer overflows.

I did a 'make distclean' and made sure my db was uptodate.

Kernel is 2.2.20

This setup was working fine a few days ago, and seems to have started
with my latest CVS update.

I checked, and the encoders themselves seem okay (I can still transcode a
pre-recorded file fine), so I assume it has something to do with
capturing data off the card.

This happens with both RTJpeg and MPEG4

Any idea what might have changed?

Thanks,