[mythtv] XMLTV Spanish, gist, DVB & localization

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sun Apr 20 17:26:44 EDT 2003

> > should be there already.  I think the DVB drivers provide a v4l device,
so
> > this should be quite similar.
>
> I haven't spotted a v4l device yet, but perhaps there is.

Update:

On my machine (with a full DVB-T card) there is a /dev/video1 device which
*is* a v4l device.  I can tune it with

tzap "BBC ONE"

and the channel changes

I can view the output of the v4l device with xawtv without a problem

I still have some problems getting mythtv running at all with my RME card
due to duplex issues, however, perhaps the easiest way to get DVB into myth
initially is just to change the TV device to /dev/video1 and then I think
there is a script run on channel change to allow use of a remote channel
change IR device (?), perhaps use that to retune the DVB device....

I'm having some problems with the DVB-T driver though, so need to play with
that first

P.S. Output quality is excellent here.