[mythtv] PVR-250 support

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Apr 20 11:20:51 EDT 2003

On Sunday 20 April 2003 10:03 am, Dennis Cartier wrote:
> I have to say, the PVR-250 support has improved dramatically in the last
> few days. I was trying to use mine in an KT-133 based board and had nothing
> but grief. I moved it to a dual Celeron-366 board with a BX chipset and it
> captured OK, but MythTV had bad stuttering. The CVS version from this
> morning has cleared up all the stuttering! Yeah, thanks Isaac.

I imagine you're close to running out of CPU during playback? =)  CPU usage
(with the additional playback optimization I committed later last night) sits
around 50% on my p3-550 during remote playback of 480x480/default bitrate
live tv.

> I can run it through gdb if you would like, but I thought it might not be
> required as 'unknown command: ??ERY_RECORDER' looked like it might give you
> the info you needed. Let me know if a bt will help.

It indicates that there's some data corruption somewhere, but, I'm not really
sure how it could happen/where it could be -- could be in the frontend, in
the wire transfer, or in the backend.

Isaac