[mythtv] Subject for my last message: PVR 250 Audio

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Sat Apr 19 23:11:24 EDT 2003

> A couple folks have noticed that their job queue length rises > 1.  Mine
> does that as well, but I'm not sure if that's really an indication of an
> error.  Using mplayer also raises the queue length but the playback is
> smooth...

I'm convinced now that it has nothing to do with disk speed; watching
vmstat output for a while demonstrates that it's definitely not being
IO bound, as the first hundred megs or so of capture go into cache
memory and aren't even being written to disk yet.

The problem does go away at lower resolutions (eg 320x240 instead of
720x480), but there's still plenty of free CPU at 720x480..

-jim