[mythtv] Recording Profiles

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Apr 16 23:07:10 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2003 06:19 pm, Cliff Draper wrote:
>
>>Yes, I see this bug as well with 0.8 (I haven't tried anything past
>>that).  I too use RTJPEG for live TV, and MPEG4 for recorded.
>

> It's not a bug.

Okay, then what's unexpected about this 'feature' =) is
that if I chose a recording profile for something scheduled
and happen to be watching LiveTV (actually, I never watch
live TV other than testing ;-) I would expect the recording
profile to be honored when the recording file is opened.
I presume writing to the ring buffer ends and a new .nuv
file is created. Is there a reason that the codecparams
can't be changed at that point?

--  bjm