[mythtv] RE: Matrox G200-TV setup/use

Andrew Peabody mythtvfan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 20:21:34 EDT 2003

>From: Mike Javorski <mikej at carmelfly.com>
>
>Okay I have been bashing my head into the ground for several hours on
>this..
>
>Is anyone using a G200 for their TV-Out? I would greatly appreciate if
>someone would let me know what drivers they are using, and if they would
>post a copy of their XF86Config file would be great as well..
>

>Thanks,
>
>Mike

I am using a Matrox G200 AGP for tv out, it works pretty well.

I used the instructions posted to this list a few months ago where you
enable framebuffer support in your kernel and then have the G200 send the
framebuffer to the tv out.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=50592;search_string=g200%20tv%20out;guest=351436&t=search_engine#50592

I heard that their is another way to do tv out using Matrox's driver from X,
but I think that it only works on the G400.

If you want I can try and post my config tonight.  BTW, this should probably
be moved to myth-users instead.

Andrew