[mythtv] Mythmusic - shuffle by album?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 11:49:57 EDT 2003

Hmmm... one thing I've been thinking about recently is the ability of
mythmusic to somehow read, import, export, or otherwise deal with standard
.m3u files for playlists.  This would have a number of benefits:

- Ability to maintain a common set of playlists for use with mythmusic &
other media players
- Easy & powerful ways to create/manage playlists (offline) already exist

I have my music collection on a 30GB external USB/Firewire drive that I take
with me to work, then plug into my Myth box when I get home.  It would be
really nice if I could just maintain a set of .m3u files that worked in both
locations.

In the short term, I might just come up with a shell/MySQL script that would
read the .m3u files and create the corresponding playlists in the database,
but maybe someone can come up with a more elegant solution...

-Joe C.